Saturday, September 10, 2011

anxiety is a frequent visitor in my sleep

Anxiety is a frequent visitor in my sleep
Sharing my bed as I cringe before nighteyes
She clings to my hairy body and seeps through my pores
Crinkling my spirit as my rickety mind
shatters into a jigsaw with missing pieces.


 Anxiety is a frequent visitor in my sleep
 A chill that blows over my sweaty chest,
 a glass of salty water running through my sinuses
 Beneath her robe is a spotlight, poking my orbs.
 Under its light, there I stand fully clothed yet naked
 She blows the sand off my eyes
 And drowns my lullaby with her snore
 She brings with her the nightmares of
 who I am and the ghosts of who I am not
 Hers are the bedbugs that feast upon my brain
 And the mosquitoes that swarm my ears
 With their irksome hum amplifying into a
 tremor that rattles my conscience.




  
                                    04 January 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment