Saturday, September 10, 2011

to sleeping beauty II, my final adoration

this cold perimeter shall be the last hostile witness
as you lie in near placidity
your almost motionless body striped by the somber streetlight
finding its way through the window blinds
i sit here by your side
my almost restless soul beset by unbridled memories and untamed photographs
slithering their way past my unguarded senses.

youth has never stolen your beauty
for how could time possibly contain all the beauty you exude?
how will the day weave a spectrum out of the ethereal colors that abound you?

those lips may not be as luscious as when it was a fountain of angelic songs and mysterious smiles
but those lips i will still cherish with its childish laughter and esoteric wisdom
such delicate fingers that were once the master of intricate embroideries and playmate of the palette
they have grown wrinkled and bony, taming my savage soul and sculpting a David out
of a lichened rock that was me
a miraculous work of art!

those tired feet, now crippled, once kissed the warm sand and chased the ebbing tide
i will forever caress them for walking beside me as i tread the unfamiliar ground called life
i will never cease to adore them for leading you right to where i have waited.
let my frail arms be your final stronghold, draw your last breath from my parched, trembling lips
let us wallow in my tears
for the moment i leave this room will be the moment when tears will just be drops
of salty water for me.


revised 11 nov. ‘04
thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment