Saturday, September 10, 2011

to sleeping beauty, my formidable opponent

the sandman has tamed you, bridled the
wild girl I have known just hours ago
a girl brimming with fiendish energy and foaming with sybaritic bravado
yet a lady with sensual grace
this bed would know no battle like ours.

my futile efforts to dominate you was a joke on me
for it was i who was conquered
my white flag waves valiantly and beckons for more
how sweet was my defeat!

you have wielded your merciless prowess
and i was disarmed helplessly,
blowing my chauvinistic fortress into smithereens and exposing a naked child
behold my battle scars – scratch marks on my back and bite marks on my neck,
medals of valor to me but your territorial marks to you.

now, you lie in this four-poster battlefield, fatigued, vulnerable
you are a grown-up baby in the arms of Morpheus
a virginal crystal lake bathed by the sun's early morning rays,
caressed by the dawn's dolorous fog.
calm yet mysterious.
or perhaps, a swim in its very depths
to witness the hypnotic dance of light's brilliance upon your fluid skin
and to be one with the silence of beauty
and with the beauty of silence down below
serene yet dangerous.


20 May 2004
Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment